so today I met up with my favourite people in the world.
we talked, had dinner, talked some more, and it was really nice.
on the way home, as I was sitting in the bus, just thinking about things in general, I reaffirmed once again just how much I love these people.
and I realized that they're one of the things that I'm truly thankful for in this world.
you know you read about how you should write about things, like make a list of what you're grateful/thankful for so that you can better appreciate them and be a better happier person etc etc. but I never really got the hang of that, never really saw the point so I never could get into it.
but today, on that bus, I realized just how thankful I was to have them.
just thinking about it, if I'd offed myself 6 months ago like I so desperately wanted to at the time, I never would have been able to meet them today.
sure, I wouldn't have had to deal with stress from university and the stress that naturally comes from the uncertainty of life and the future,
but then, I also never would have been able to see one of my best friends attached and so happy, never would've been able to see another best friend make such progress in pursuit of her happiness, would never have been able to assure another best friend that I'll be there to support her in her times of trouble, never would have been able to come out of that veil of darkness.
this is one of the times when I am truly thankful to be alive,
when I realize that there is so much more to life that I have yet to but want to experience,
thankful that I made that hard decision months ago to soldier on despite everything telling me to end it.

I am so, so thankful to have met you all.
you all make me happy that I'm alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog