Am so busy that I hardly have any free time to myself but at the same time I'm also having the time of my life. So here's something  I wrote in my journal today:

Had our first German test today. It was not good. Mainly because I wasn’t very prepared for it, as I didn’t go memorise enough vocabulary and so as a result suffered the consequences. But whatever. Went to the Rittersport chocolate museum after that with Rebecca, Keenan, Rose, Carmen and Bobo. The scent of chocolate was heavenly. And there was so much variety in the shop! It took every ounce of self-control not to get everything in sight. I still bought a good 35 Euro worth of chocolate though. I stopped myself because I knew that I would still be buying other kinds of chocolate as well. Also Carmen is going skydiving in Prague, so I finally got the name of the place from her, will tell Su Hui tomorrow and possibly discuss going there as well! I really really want to go skydiving, it’s one of my dreams in life. Can you imagine if I manage to go both skydiving and diving this year? Never in my wildest dreams could I have ever imagined potentially having this chance. Like I said before, I am still continually amazed and gratified by all the amazing opportunities and experiences I’ve had and have yet to have. I am also super grateful for all the amazing, kind and friendly people I’ve met. Socializing like this and making spontaneous plans would have been unimaginable for me just a few months ago. And as I’m typing this I’m tearing up a little, because it really means a lot to me that I’m able to do this and enjoy my life. Because I am enjoying my time here, immensely. I admit that the first few days were a little rough, what with jet lag, culture shock, homesickness and the loneliness of not knowing anyone at all. But now I’ve settled into a routine, made friends, and am learning to communicate better(read: being more direct) with my host family so our relationship is getting better. They are incredibly kind and helpful people, I really just need to be more direct and less shy. I’m working on it. The school work is tough and pretty intensive, but I admit that it’s also because of the work that our free time becomes that much more enjoyable. And I do enjoy the classes I’m taking as well, even if they are hard. Especially German! I am also super excited to go traveling this Thursday, can’t wait! I honestly can’t believe it’s going to be 3 weeks since I got here in a couple of days. Time has really just flown by. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog