musings of a half sick sarcastic bitch in an ironically philosophical mood at 1am

it seems that every time I'm sick I seek solace in the comfort of the written word.
these past two days when I was sick, I simply curled up in bed with my books and just read.
it's been so long since I'd done that and I miss it.
nowadays I'm usually too occupied with the internet to really sit down and read for a prolonged period of time.

but alas, the clock is ticking and dark days are fast approaching...
oh that I could skip ahead to next wednesday when I'll have nothing else to fear!


on another note, my nose is running like a broken sink, I wonder if that's a legitimate reason to skip training? But I kid, why would I even want to?
the wondrous joy of the game, the exhilarating rush of adrenaline, the extraordinary sense of camaraderie and the unbelievable sense of satisfaction I get is enough to spur me on and inspire and instill within me the heart and soul of a sportsman. If I was not convinced before I am now.
I wonder at how long it's taken me to discover and embrace this side of me.
all my life I've scorned and sneered at sporting activities of all kinds and now look at me!
I've been converted. I'm a changed woman.
I am humbled by my past ignorance. I can scarcely bear to think of how I'd treated it before.
and so do I end my most humble apology,
I can only hope that with this I may gain redemption and seek forgiveness for all my past wrongs, and continue on this path of truth and honour and righteousness.
for principles, and virtues, and glory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog